Sunday 10 January 2021

Resolutions

 New Year New Me right?

I don't think so! That would imply there was something wrong with the old me! Not that I am anywhere near perfect but I've done ok.

Don't New Year Resolutions just set you up for a fall? I can honestly say over the years I don't think I have ever stuck to all of my resolutions if any. And then that list is just a reminder of what I've failed at for another 12 months. When actually, as I said in my last post, I've done pretty well over the last year. If my resolution list on 1st January 2020 had said 

  1. Keep doing holiday bookings through a global pandemic
  2. Become a travel columnist for the Grantham Journal
  3. Get a poem published in Take a Break magazine
  4. Join a networking group
  5. Win an All Inclusive holiday to Turkey (yes I did!)
  6. Get a full time job working from home (whilst running your business)
  7. Make new friends for life (some of which you have never met in person)
Then I would have achieved all my goals, big pat on the back for me, what a successful year.

However, my normal list would have looked more like this

  1. Lose weight
  2. Drop a dress size
  3. Do 10,000 steps a day
  4. Cut out carbs
  5. Cut down on shopping (like that is ever going to happen!)
And I wouldn't have stuck to any of those, therefore feeling like a big, fat failure once again!

This year instead of having resolutions or goals, I will just get through this pandemic, work hard to make my business a success, be there for my family and friends and just be me.
And, when we are allowed, I am going to hug my family and friends so tightly someone may need to call the paramedics!

So don't put pressure on yourself just because it's expected.

The past year has been like no other, so make 2021 like no other but in the best way possible.

Be kind to yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment